I made a tiny POH

To be legal we need to carry a POH in the plane (Pilot's Operating Handbook). I obviously have a hi-res electronic copy in my Foreflight documents folder, but I'm pretty sure you need to also carry a hard copy just in case. So I decided to make a booklet out of it. This was a bit harder than I thought. It is not simply a matter of printing the PDF double sided.



Here is what I did to prepare the PDF on my Mac:

  1. Download the latest POH from the Airplane Factory.
  2. Use Preview to annotate the Front cover and first page with the Aircraft details.
  3. To create more space for binding, save the PDF to a new file scaled down to 80%.
  4. Download an app called "Booklet" from the App store ($0.99).
  5. Use the Booklet app to create a booklet PDF (use default settings)
  6. Print double sided, collated on the short edge.
Finally I cut, laminated and bound the booklet at my local FedEx store (don’t print it there it is ridiculously expensive).

See, that was easy...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Customizations

Floor under Back Seat

IPad panel mount